Sunday, February 10, 2013

All The Single Ladies Blog Party ~ Day Four


   
The Ultimate Pursuit 

   For quite a while I've felt far away from God. I don't normally say it, because I know people will start preaching to me about how I can get closer. That's all well and good, but growing up in church, reading the Bible and knowing every single story, and giving all the right answers since you were five years old, eventually becomes monotonous.

     That being said, I feel that maybe I've been moved in the right direction by him, by attending college. I really can't explain why, but it feels so right for me to in college right now, that I'm meant to be there. I am happy, actually happier than I've been in a long time, to be honest.

     I usually don't enjoy talking about 'how God said this to me or showed me that or how he's changing my life.'  I usually get annoyed when I hear other people say it, but that's just the way I am and maybe I need to change. Really, I do have a lot to be thankful for, I'm healthy, I come from a great family, I'm attending college and doing very well, I have a job as a private nanny, I attend a fantastic church, all of those are from God and I never try to take that for granted.

     This is probably the most honest I've ever been about my relationship with God. I've been in a Christian environment all my life. I've seen it all, heard it all, read it all and some of it, I really deem unnecessary to the Christian life. So, while I may never be one of these people who believes that 'God spoke to me about this certain issue,' I do humbly thank him for all that he has given me and all that he is continuing to give me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.