Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Band of Brothers Appreciation Week - Day Three


How does one have a favorite episode of Band of Brothers? I took my a while to really answer what my favorite was. And really, it was the one that had the deepest impact on me. A doctor's devotion to his brothers in arms. Really, when I think I have a hard time at work, I remember this episode and realize, there is nothing in my life that is not too hard as compared to what he and countless men did in the war. 



Hosted by h b o w a r d a i l y
  • Day 1 (March 8th): One location / scenery
  • Day 2 (March 9th): One character
  • Day 3 (March 10th): One episode
  • Day 4 (March 11th): One relationship
  • Day 5 (March 12th): One scene
  • Day 6 (March 13th): One quote
  • Day 7 (March 14th): Free choice

Day 3 - One Episode

Episode Six - Bastogne

It’s hard to have a favorite episode. I love all of them, however, Bastogne probably was the most emotionally driven of the series. In December of 1944, during the Battle of the Bulge, Eugene “Doc” Roe dodges bullets, jumps through shelling, travels through the snowy Adennes Forest to search for needed medical supplies, spends endless nights checking on the men and sacrifices sleep, food and sanity to care for the wounded and dying. I don’t always like inserted romances in history movies, but I enjoyed Eugene and Renee’s quiet relationship and how they both helped one another through their trauma. And then of course, Eugene and Babe’s quips at the end, showing Eugene being able to continue even through death and destruction.

Credit: fyeahtoccoamen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.