Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Currently: Spring/Summer 2022


🌷 Hello everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful, relaxing and overall fun summer! Seeing as my last Currently post was so late and actually moved into springtime, I just waited out the rest of spring and went into summer with this update and let me tell you, there's a lot to update!



🌷 To start off with, my job in Chesapeake is going very well. I'm genuinely happy again and it's such a relief to not have to dread the work day. Chesapeake is a much larger facility than Suffolk and so I needed to be prepared for some heave traffic this summer and believe it got crazy on some occasions. My coworkers gave me far warning, but I weathered it quite well. A few bumps in the road every now and then, but all things considered, I think I did pretty well. Oh, and my boss, the one I've had such a hard time with, is leaving. I can't tell you the relief I felt when I got her email. However, with all the bosses that I've had come in and out through the years, I predicted that she wasn't going to last a year. It was one of those times that I was glad I was right.

🌷Oh yeah, maybe I should mention this incredibly gorgeous lifeguard who I pretty much ignored most of the time, but then noticed how good he was with kids. I thought, "Oh he's so sweet! Then it finally hit me, "He is really beautiful!" He's also really young, like 12 years younger than me! And possibly leaving as well, but homeboy has been the highlight of my workday for the last several weeks and I'm going to savor what time I have left.

🌷 The absolute best part of my summer though was that I finally got my dream room! How many people can say that they got their dream rooms?? My sister got married and moved out and so I ended up getting her old room, which was actually the room I shared with my older sister when we moved here almost 20 years ago.












🌷I can't begin to tell you how much fun I've had in decorating and designing my room. The desk is the best part. For years I've wanted a desk and thanks to my older sister I was able to get a beautiful one for free! The bookshelves too have really added so much to the room and I never realized how many books I actually have. My new room is so peaceful and comfortable and exactly what I always planned it to be!


🌷I have managed to get a good bit of reading done since January thanks to my book club as well as some recreational reading. However, my TBR list seems to get longer and longer!

Read

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Breverton's Phantamagoria: A Compendium of Monsters, Myths & Legends by Terry Breverton

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

People of the Prophecy: The Second Book in the Maccabee Series by J.D. Sonne

The Dusk of Dreams: The Third Book in the Maccabee Series by J.D. Sonne

West Side Story: A Novelization by Irving Shulman

The Endurance: Shackleton's Legendary Antarctic Expedition by Caroline Alexander

The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan

Catakism: A Humorous Purr-spective on Humankind's Obsession with Cats by Jeff Lazarus

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Duman

Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel

The Second-Worst Restaurant in France: A Paul Stewart Novel by Alexander McCall Smith

A Wrinkle in Time by Madelaine L'Engle

A Wind in the Door by Madelaine L'Engle

A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madelaine L'Engle

The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

Burned by Ellen Hopkins

Writing out that entire list makes me realize how much reading I was able to get done! Most of these books were worthwhile reads. The Keeper of Lost Things and The Language of Flowers were exceptionally good reads and I would highly recommend them!

Currently Reading:

Cormoran and Robin are back! Like with Troubled Blood I pre-ordered the book and it arrived at my home on release day! This book is a mammoth. Over 1,000 pages! I'm barely 20 chapters in, but so far I'm enjoying it! How long is it going to take me to finish? I have no idea!














Movies:

This year has been a great movie year! 


Death on the Nile

The Batman


Downton Abbey: A New Era



Jurassic World: Dominion 

Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness


Television:


Daredevil: Season 2

Daredevil: Season 3




I've also created a new side Tumblr and a side Instagram wholly devoted to art, nature and aesthetics.




🌷This summer really has been a relaxing and fun season and God knows I needed it! My therapy has also been going very well and I'm so thankful for all that I've been able to gain. I feel that I'm getting better and stronger each day, week and month. My primary hope is that my job keeps going as well as it is, whoever my new boss is, I really hope he/she likes me and that I can avoid any depression or anxiety that plagued me last fall. In a nutshell, I want to have a good end of the year. 

🌷What better way to sign off to summer than with a river cruise on The Spirit of Norfolk during Labor Day weekend.





4 comments:

  1. Happy belated spring/summer! I'm glad it sounds like it's been a good one overall. I'm especially glad that your new job is going well and that you feel like you're making progress in therapy -- those are both huge achievements!

    Your new room looks so cool, oh my gosh! I love all the pictures.

    Also, I tagged you, if you're interested! :) https://meanwhileinrivendell.blogspot.com/2022/09/the-running-wild-in-improbable-outfits.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm am so much better off than I was last year! And a lot of that has to do with my job transfer and therapy. I'm so grateful for both.

      Thank you! I had so much fun decorating it!

      Thanks for the tag!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had such a good summer! Your room is beautiful looks unbelievably cozy. What did you think of Addie Larue, it sadly wasn't my favorite of hers. Daredevil is so good! I'm glad it's coming back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cozy is definitely the right word for my room. Addie LaRue was good. Definitely wasn't my favorite book this year, but as a while I enjoyed the concept. Daredevil is amazing! I love Matt Murdoch!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.