Tuesday, June 1, 2021

The Fortnight of Song Tag

The Questions

1. What are three musicals you really, really, REALLY like?

- What??? Just three! Ok...




2. Name three of your favorite songs from musicals?

Greased Lightening

Mon Essentiel 

On My Own

3. Who is your favorite actor or actress from a musical?

Hugh Jackman, of course!!
(Subsequently my favorite actor as well)

4. Do you have a favorite musical duet or two? Favorite version?

Lay All Your Love On Me

Can I Have This Dance?

5. What are your favorite female solos?

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

6. What are your favorite male solos?

Stars

Do You Love Me?

7. Favorite ensemble songs?

The Farmer and The Cowman

One Day More

You Can't Stop the Beat

8. What musical theatre song (or entire soundtrack!) do you like to belt out around the house?

Grease...every song!

9. Which underrated musical would you like to tell us all about??


A musical/opera about the early reign of King Louis XIV who was known as The Sun King or in French Le Roi Soleil.

 This is the whole musical with English subtitles.



7 comments:

  1. Ahh, these are all such good answers!! I LOVE Seven Brides!! Do you have a favorite version of Les Miserables? "You Can't Stop The Beat" is such a fun song too! I've not yet heard of "Le Roi Soleil" and I'm looking forward to investigating!!! Thanks so much for participating in our party!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seven Brides is such a classic! My favorite version of Les Mis....probably the 25th Anniversary production! I loved it! Le Roi Soleilis quite good. It has the most exquisite costumes and sets and the music is stunning.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, the 25th Anniversary is my favorite too! I love it when the whole of a production, the set, costumes, music ect, are all wonderful and fit together so nicely!

      Delete
  2. Oh, you have some of my favorites listed here! I LOVE Seven Brides, Les Mis, Oklahoma, and Phantom! And "On My Own" is just such a heart breaker of a song! Thanks so much for doing the tag, Ivy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phantom of the Opera is so good. I still find myself singing bits of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't particularly care for the storyline, but the music is genius.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.