Friday, June 25, 2021

Happy 10 Years!


I can't believe it!

10 years online! This site has been an absolute sanctuary and safe-hold for me during both good times and bad. So much inspiration, creativity, fangirling, reviews, commentaries, politics, pop culture and whatever else came to mind at the moment!

However, I wouldn't have gotten far if not for the people who have befriended, followed and supported me for so long.

This post is for all of you!!



First Post

June 25, 2011


So.... This is my first post. Always the most nerve wracking part, in my opinion.

Anyway, a little about my online life. I got a Xanga in late 06' and I only got it for writing a Narnia fan-fic. People started reading my story and eventually my site became very popular in the spring/summer of 07'. By the time fall rolled around, the popularity died and so did the site.

A got a couple more sites and the same thing happened with them. Then about a month ago, I came across several blogger sites, that featured stay at home daughters. This intrigued me, seeing as I'm staying at home and helping with my family business, and I started going to them. Well, I enjoyed reading them so much that I finally decided to get my own site and here I am.

I love, love, love writing! I have epilepsy and so that can impair my speech and my ability to say what I think. Writing is my outlet. Whether it's writing stories or posting my favorite songs.

Oh, about my name "Time Will Reveal"

It comes from this song "Dance My Dreams" from the 2004 movie, First Daughter.

Tamia - Dance My Dreams
Spinning, twirling, flying away
Memories guide me from yesterday
Time will reveal my destiny
So why should I fight
What's right for me?

Chorus:
I'll live, I'll breathe
I'll dance my dreams

Hold me, kiss me
Look through my eyes
Know me, feel me
No more disguise
So why should I fight
What's planned for me?

Chorus

Take my hand
Dance in my world
As I live, I breathe
I dance my dreams
Tomorrow will be mine
Today is ours
I will never let go
Until time unwinds
Today I have just arrived

I guess you can say it's a good title for me. I really have no idea what's in store for me, and I don't think many girls my age do. Letting God in his own providential time reveal his plan for me, is the best thing that I can do.

So, that's a little about me : )

❖ ❖ ❖

Rachel Kovaciny - Followers have come and gone, but the person I have followed the longest and in return has followed me has been Rachel Kovaciny. A veteran blogger, wife, homeschooling mom and author among other things, Rachel has been one of the most supportive and gracious bloggers anyone could possibly want to meet. Her blog parties are legendary and her love of books and writing are unmatched! If you're a new blogger getting started, drop by one of Rachel's sites. You're bound to find a few kindred spirits : )

Thank you Rachel for your support and friendship these last ten years!!

Hamlette's Soliloquy

The Edge of the Precipice 

Olivia Rish - If there is anyone who knows how to have fun and maybe cause some controversy, it's Olivia. A fangirl to the core (as are most of us on Blogger), Olivia has been immensely inspiring to me and her writing has allowed me to be more open and honest about myself. The hidden insecurities and fears I harbored for so long, I have been able to let go of through writing about them and sharing them with the world.

Thank you Olivia for helping me to be bolder with who I am and not let the world dictate to me my value!

Meanwhile in Rivendell

Heidi - Although we haven't been following each other that long, getting to know Heidi has been wonderful! Heidi's immense creativity with her writing and her ability to spot the smallest and meaningful details has always astounded me! After I wrote a rather depressing post a few months ago, where I was literally falling apart at the seems, Heidi sent me the kindest messages that really helped me get through those rough few days. 

Thank you Heidi for your kindness and your endless creativity!

Along the Brandywine

Literary Adventures Along the Brandywine

Movie Critic (MC) - I don't really remember when our blogs crossed paths, but MC is excellent movie reviewer and her blog is filled with her concise thoughts and opinions about films throughout the decades. MC is also the best person to fangirl with, not matter what the topic may be!

Thank you MC for your honest reviews and being an all around fun blogger!


Skye Hoffert - Ink Calamities


Livie Rachelle - My Blog

For years I have called Blogger the 'Mecca of the homeschooling Blogger community.' And there's a lot of truth to that. When I started 10 years ago, Blogger really was going through a heyday and was on fire with conservative homeschoolers interacting with each other. However, that generation is grown and gone. I met Skye, Mckayla and Olivia Rose all around the same time between 2018-2019. All three of these very different, equally talented women have really surprised me with their honest and pragmatic writing about their lives and their views of the world and the society we are living in right now.

Thank you Skye, McKayla and Liviepearl for always thinking outside of the box, understanding and questioning the world and supporting me in my own opinions!

❖ ❖ ❖

Maribeth Barber - A Writer's Tale


While many of those homeschooling Bloggers have left, a couple have remained and thank goodness for them! Both Maribeth and Emily have a Christian maturity that I rarely see in people their age. They know what they believe and how to defend their beliefs. Whether it's in scripture or in a galaxy far, far away, Emily and Maribeth are absolutely true and real in everything they write

Thank you Emily and Maribeth for your enlightening and passionate writing, for always knowing when to have a good laugh and always remaining steadfast in a world that is consumed with lies and deceit. 

❖ ❖ ❖

Isabella Delallo who I met in 2013 and not only introduced me to Merlin, but was on all out fun and delightful person to know. We had a lot of good laughs, fangirling sessions and discussions, but unfortunately she seems to have left Blogger since 2018. However, in spite of our large age gap, Bella was one of the most memorable and free spirited Bloggers that I had the privilege to know.

Jamie I met through Maribeth and was an exceptional person. She had an ability to take complicated issues and explain them in a ways that I never could. I'm not sure what she's up to, but the last thing I knew about her is that she was getting ready to marry James, another blogger that Jamie met online. 

Natasha never followed me, but I loved her blog Day by Day and how it chronicled her life from a teenage girl to a wife and mother. 

❖ ❖ ❖

While that's only a handful of people that I follow, I want to thank all of the people that follow and read my blog! These 10 years on Blogger have been amazing and I would have never had made it to 10 years were it not for your support!



6 comments:

  1. 10 years is amazing!! Congrats!!
    So happy I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love when people consistently blog! I've followed blogs for over 10 years, and well it seems like so many have quit, and that a lot of the newer blogs are much younger or mommy blogs which I can't relate to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally understand. It's been hard lately trying to find Bloggers that you can relate to or share similar interests.

      Delete
  3. I came here to wish you a happy blogoversay and what a surprise to see myself mentioned! It made my day! You are so sweet! I love talking to you about fandoms because you have such a big range. I don't remember when we first crossed paths, either, but I bet it had something to do with either Ever After or Robin Hood BBC. Happy 10 years!!! Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been one of my favorite bloggers for ages! And it's always great to find people who share the same fandoms and interests as you or better yet, introduce you to other fandoms.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.