Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Five Flaming Hotties Tag


     Rebecca Deniston had this tag on her site and I thought it was too good to pass up! Kind of out of the norm for the normal conservative blogging circles I find myself in, but that's why I want to do it. 

The originators of the tag are Gill and Catherine

Rules

1. Add the name and link of the blog who tagged you, as well as include links to Gill and Catherine’s blogs (see above).

2. Use the above banner.

3. List your all time favorite film or TV hotties/crushes/objects of affection.

4. Say how you found them and why you like them (Keep it G-rated, please).

5. Include their pictures.

6. Link to seven other bloggers.

7. Be sure to post the rules.

* * * * *

I don't really know who my first Hollywood crush was...My earliest memory was Ewan McGregor when I saw him in Star Wars - Episode I, when I was about 8. That was followed by Christian Bale...playing Jesus of all people, when I was 9. Then finally Hugh Jackman as Logan//Wolverine in X-Men when I was 10-11. However, I liked them as the characters they played, no so much as actors; that came along later. So somewhere between the ages of 8-10, I had an awakening to be attracted to older, European and Australian men. And quite frankly it hasn't stopped.

* * * * *  

Hugh Jackman

     The man who tops the list as my all time favorite actor. When I was first introduced to him as the broody Logan in X-Men, I couldn't help but like him. I've seen 19 of his films (granted most of them are from the X-Men franchise) and I'm always amazed at his ability to portray so many range of characters. He's Australian, ruggedly handsome, has been married to the same woman for over 20 years, adopted two children and has became one of the most well loved actors in Hollywood. He's avoided scandal and is a true tripled threat of talent. Hugh Jackman is a rare type of class for Hollywood nowadays, but I'm glad he's an actor of my generation!

Films:


     X2: X-Men United

     X-Men: The Last Stand

     X-Men: Origins

     Wolverine

     The Wolverine








Australia

Kate & Leopold

The Prestige

Prisoners

Rise of The Guardians

Happy Feet

Ewan McGregor

     When Ewan McGregor first leap into action as the boyishly handsome and strong-willed Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace, he seemed to meet every fan expectation out there. I had no expectations on his performance as Obi-Wan compared to Sir Alec Guinness, all I thought was, "He's kind of cute, but also kind of a jerk too." I've been in love with him and Obi-Wan since. Scotland's bad boy with a heart of gold has performed a variety of roles from the action hero, to the lover, to just being himself! The man doesn't seem to age at all; he looks as good to me now as he did when I saw him at 8 years old. However, no matter what role he plays, he will forever be my Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Films:


     Episode I: The Phantom Menace

     Episode II: Attack of The Clones

     Episode III: The Revenge of The Sith


Moulin Rouge

The Island

Miss Potter

Angels & Demons

Robots

Amelia 

Long Way Round (documentary)

Long Way Down (documentary)

Christian Bale

    Most girls fell in love with Christian Bale playing Laurie in Little Women. I, however, fell in love with him playing Jesus in the independent religious film Mary, Mother of Jesus. And boy did I feel guilty about it afterwards too! You're not suppose to think that Jesus is attractive! That being said, I've seen Christian Bale in at least 15 films (one he shared the screen with Hugh Jackman) and for years, he's not only been a favorite of mine, but also my family. Versatility flows in and out of him, especially regarding accents and he can do intense drama like no one else. 

Films:

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight


Mary, Mother of Jesus

Empire of The Sun

Reign of Fire

The Prestige

Equilibrium 

Newsies

The New World

Pocahontas

Captain Corelli's Mandolin

James McAvoy

    There's just something about Scottish men...especially Scottish men who play my favorite superhero. James McAvoy made his American screen debut in 2004 playing Mr. Tumnus in Disney's The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. He immediately won over audiences with his endearing portrayal of Lewis' beloved Narnia character and has gone on to be well noted in the superhero world playing young Professor Charles Xavier. James McAvoy can hold the title of being utterly cute and absolutely gorgeous at the same time! In real life, he's incredibly funny and down to earth and is seriously one of the charming and likeable actors out there!

Films






The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe


Jude Law

     As a girl who normally doesn't preference the blonde pretty boy types, Jude Law was obviously an exception to the rule when I saw him in Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow. Afterwards, I fell pretty hard for him. I actually used him as a character cast for an original story titled Arranged Love about an arranged marriage between a wealthy Englishman and a southern heiress. Every time I hear Lifehouse's You and Me, I always think of that story! While I haven't seen Jude Law in a lot, he plays the irresistible English gentleman that is both clever and swoon worthy very well. Not too different from himself to be honest.

Films:



Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Rise of the Guardians

Lemony Snicket: A Serious of Unfortunate Events

The Holiday

* * * * *

     This tag was so much fun! 

Feel free to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.