Sunday, May 3, 2020

Shakespeare's Birthday Tag


MovieCritic and Liviepearl both tagged me for the Shakespeare's Birthday Tag.
Thank you!

1. What was the first exposure you ever had to Shakespeare?

- Kenneth Branagh's 1993 film Much Ado About Nothing

2. How many of Shakespeare’s plays have you seen?

- I have never actually seen any live performances. However, in film version I've seen

Much Ado About Nothing

The Hollow Crown - Richard II, Henry IV, and Henry V

3. What is your favorite Shakespeare play?

- Much Ado About Nothing, Henry V and The Merchant of Venice, 

4. What is your favorite non-Shakespearean play? {musicals are permissible}

- I'm not sure if I've ever seen a play that wasn't a musical...but my favorite musicals are Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Oklahoma!

5. What is an adaptation of one of Shakespeare’s plays that you like? Why?

- Henry V from the Hollow Crown. Everything about the story was just perfect.

6. Who is your favorite Shakespearean character?

Benedick of Padua, John of Gaunt, Henry V, Princess Katherine of Valois

7. What is your favorite Shakespeare quote?

“I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest.”- Much Ado About Nothing

“Thou and I are too wise to woo peaceably.”- Much Ado About Nothing

“This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,--This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.”- Richard II

“O God of battles, steel my soldier's hearts.
Possess them not with fear. Take from them now
The sense of reckoning ere th' opposed numbers
Pluck their hearts from them.” - Henry V

“God shall be my hope, my stay, my guide and lantern to my feet.”- Henry V

8. If you were in a Shakespearean production which play would you want to be in and which character?

- Normally I wouldn't want to play the heroine role, but I would love to play Princess Katherine of Valois.

9. Have you read any of Shakespeare’s sonnets, and if so, which is your favorite?

- I probably have at one point in time, but I'm still getting acquainted with Shakespeare and his work.

10. Have you ever written/tried to write a play?

- Oh no!

11. Cast one of the big five {Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, Richard III, or Much Ado About Nothing} with modern actors from either the stage or the screen.

My cast for Much Ado About Nothing 
(from the We Love Shakespeare Week that I did last year)

I'm tagging 





6 comments:

  1. Oh, my word, not only is it close to mine, but I almost considered Cumberbatch, but I was definitely considering Aiden Turner for a role Don John or Benedick. Great minds think alike. We must have Hiddleston as Benedick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have to see Hiddleston and Michelle Dockery as Benedick and Beatrice.

      Delete
  2. Great answers, thank you for doing my tag!

    I like your cast, definitely some actors I wouldn't have thought of. I especially love Michelle Dockery as Beatrice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun tag and you asked some great questions!

      I just thought of actors and actresses who were popular right now and they all seemed to fit for the characters. And yes, I couldn't imagine anyone else playing Beatrice than Michelle Dockery.

      Delete
  3. Love this tag - have you seen the BBC Shakespeare re-told series? Think it was early 2000's, they had a great Much Ado About Nothing, with Damien Lewis - I always think of him as Benedick now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No I haven't! I'll have to find them on YouTube, they sound great.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.