Downton Abbey Week hosted by Naomi Sarah is officially begun! She started it off with a tag and then a trivia game. So, lets begin with the tag!
Downton Abbey Tag
1. Who introduced you to Downton Abbey?
2. What Season did you (or: do you think you would) enjoy the most?
3. Who wore the prettiest wedding dress?
- Both of Edith's wedding dresses
4. What plot twist/ scene came most unexpected to you? (Or do you pre-read all the spoilers?)
- Sadly, I had a weakness for looking up spoilers, but probably Anna's rape by Mr. Green.
5. If you could save one character from dying, who would you save?
- Matthew Crawley
6. Who is your favourite Downton Abbey footman?
-Andrew! He was great!
7. What typo annoys you more? "Downtown Abbey" or "Downton Abby"?
8. Which character do you think developed the best throughout the seasons?
- Tom Branson
9. Favourite Downton couple? (Okay, pick two, because there's too much cuteness to narrow down to one.)
- Matthew Crawley and Lady Mary Crawley
- The Earl (Robert Crawley) and Countess (Cora Crawley) of Grantham
10. Which of Granny Grantham's one-liners is your favourite?
- "I am a woman Mary; I can be as contrary as I choose.
11. How do you react when you meet another DA-lover?
- Kindred Spirit!!!
12. Do you think the show should go on and on, or do you think it should have ended earlier?
- I think it ended in a very good place, but it was left wide open for more story possibilities.
13. Which room in Downton Abbey is your favourite?
- The library/Lord Grantham's study
14. If you could be part of the story, would you rather be a person downstairs or upstairs?
- That's tough, because neither was easy to live in, but probably downstairs.
15. Who would you rather spend an afternoon with, Mrs Patmore or Lady Grantham (Cora)?
- Lady Grantham!
16. Do you have any Downton Abbey inside jokes with someone?
- Not really...I've had plenty good debates with my sister about Mary and Edith though.
17. Describe the show in one word.
18. On a scale of 1-10, how much of a fan do you consider yourself?
19. Do you sometimes forget who is who?
- No, never!
20. Finally, who is your favourite character (okay, pick three favourites, but no more than three - NO MORE), and why do you love them?
- Matthew Crawley
- Anna Smith Bates
- Mrs. Hughes
Downton Abbey Game
1. Name three Downton Abbey redheads.
- Beryl Patmore
- Gwen Dawson
- Lavinia Swire
2. Which two ladies said the following lines? A: What shall I wear? B: Clothes.
- A: Gwen Dawson
- B: Lady Sybil Crawley (Season 1)
3. Why is Lady Rose wearing a servants outfit here?! Explain it to ME.
She had met a young boy at a dance and he followed her back to Downton Abbey. Fearing that he would find out she was actually a lady and also she might get into trouble with her aunt and uncle, Rose borrowed a uniform from Anna and met him at the back door. (Season 4)
4. Name three characters that cut their hair into bobs.
- Lady Sybil Crawley Branson (Season 3)
- Lady Mary Crawley (Season 5)- Daisy Mason (Season 6)
5. What is Cora's Mother's first (Christian) name?
6. What did the Dowager Countess say during Daisy and William Mason's wedding?
- "I just have something in my eye." (Season 2)
7. Who does this beautiful jacket/dress belong to?
- Lady Edith Crawley (Season 5/6)
8. Name three of Lady Rose's 'lovers.' :-P
- Atticus -- her husband (Seasons 5 and 6)
- Jack Ross (Season 4)
- A man she was caught with at a nightclub in season 3??
9. The Dowager Countess once joked (wait, she was perfectly serious) that Americans lived in: a) treehuts b) wigwams c) plantations d) bear-skin huts
- b) wigwams (Season 1)
10. Why does Mr Bates walk with a cane?
- He was wounded when he was Lord Grantham's batman in the Boer War. (Season 1)
11. What is the name of Lord Granthams' dog? (the first dog)
- Isis (Season 1,2,3,4,5)
12. Who does this fantabulous hat belong to?
- Countess of Grantham -- Lady Cora Crawley
13. Name three DA characters whose names start with M (last names are also allowed; you're welcome.)
- Matthew Crawley
- Mary Crawley
- William Mason
14. Who did the Dowager Countess tell to stop whining and find something to do?
- Lady Edith Crawley (Season 3)
15. Who said the following quote? "You know the trouble with you lot? You are in love with the wrong people."
- Beryl Patmore (Season 3)