Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Ant-Man and The Wasp

So, Ant-Man and The Wasp is very scientific, techy and rather confusing. First I had totally forgotten where we were in the Marvel timeline and then when I finally figured that out, everything was nothing short of quantum this and quantum that (Scott got tired of this too). The movie itself was good, but it was just a little too much into the outer rim ideology for me to understand. That being said, the characters were excellent as always (LUIS!!!) and they more than made up for this very complex storyline. 


In 1987, Hank Pym, the original Ant-Man, lost his wife, Janet van Dynne, known as The Wasp, when she shrunk to sub-atomic levels and died in the quantum realm. Now, after all these years, Hank believes that his wife may still be alive, after seeing that Scott himself went to the quantum realm and was able to return. He relays this Hope and both are desperate to get her back.

Meanwhile, after the events of Captain America: Civil War, Scott Lang's life is now a prison sentence, but a much more agreeable one. His aid to Steve Rogers at the airport in Germany may have cost him three years of his life under house arrest, but he's dealing with it well enough; thanks to his time spent with his daughter and being on better terms with his ex-wife and her husband. Scott's relationship with Hank and Hope, however, has disintegrated when the Feds found that it was Hank's technology that Scott was using while in Germany. Hank and Hope are literally driven underground, both blaming Scott for their current situation. 

Fate or maybe something more brings Scott back to Hank and Hope, when they realize that Janet may be communicating with Scott and they need his memory. If only it were that easy to get into someone's mind...


Instead of attempting to explain the rest of the movie, I'll give a bullet list of my general thoughts
  • Scott's relationship with his daughter, Cassie, is so sweet! He's a really great dad.
  • Scott's ex-wife Maggie and her husband Bill were awesome! I love how close they've all gotten. 
  • Hank and Hope are so much closer and I still admire Hope's loyalty to her father and how she never doubts him at all
  • Scott's ex-gang security crew, Luis, T.I. and Kurt were hysterical! 
  • Luis' storytelling was on point in this one! 
  • The underground house maze that Scott made for Cassie was nothing short of epic.
  • There was no general villain in this one. Just low lives, broken friendships and people in pain.
  • Watching this one finally helped me get a better understanding of the events in Endgame.
  • I know it's superficial, but Hope's hairstyle was so much better. That black pageboy haircut in the first film was hideous.
  •  Scott Lang is in general a really cool character and person. He's probably one of the most likeable Marvel characters in the whole MCU at this point. 


8 comments:

  1. Luis's storytelling was killer, that part was probably the best part of the whole movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great movie. Luis, T.I, and Kurt are all amazing. And Scott is just such a nice guy. I love him.
    Okay, yessss, I never understood why Hope wore her hair that way in the first movie. It was distracting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ex-con gang are probably my favorite characters! They all worked well together. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hated Hope's hair in Ant-Man!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you. Scott Lang is by far one of the most likable characters in the franchise. His love for his daughter, his creativity, his quirky sense of humor, everything. He's just really sweet and fun. Endgame sort of broke my heart for a variety of reasons, but the main one is because he missed seeing Cassie grow up. And that was tragic.

    Did you change up your blog design? Regardless, it's lovely. I love the header, very calming and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Scott because as a dad his daughter is his life and whatever he does is going to effect her. And missing her growing up in Endgame was heartbreaking.

      Yes I did! I just moved the column from the right to the left. I've tried changing layouts, but this one has always worked best for me. Thank you! I was looking for a winter theme that can also have a reminder of spring on the way. And I really love the green/grey color combo too.

      Delete
  4. I really liked this one! I couldn't explain the plot to you because it was so confusing, but I had so much fun. Great list of things to like about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scientific aspects always get me lost, but the humor more than makes up for it as well.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.