Saturday, August 8, 2020

Grifter, Hitter, Hacker, Thief....Are Set To Steal (Or the return of Leverage!!!)


I can't believe it!

It's actually happening!

Leverage is coming back!!
'Leverage' Cast Reunites for Table Read Ahead of Revival Series (PHOTO)

Meredith Jacobs • August 05, 2020 12:16 pm















They've successfully stolen a revival, and it's all coming together.
As was previously announced, IMDb TV is reimagining the TNT crime drama Leverage, with original stars Beth Riesgraf (thief Parker), Gina Bellman (grifter Sophie Deveraux), Christian Kane (hitter Eliot Spencer), and Aldis Hodge (hacker Alec Hardison) all returning as their characters alongside new cast member Noah Wyle. And with the first table read comes a look at the stars reunited and a few teases about what to expect.
Bellman posted a photo of herself with the rest of the returning cast members, all wearing masks. "STAY SAFE," she wrote alongside it. "Protect others and take care of your gang!"

Kane shared a photo of himself and Hodge on August 1 with the caption, "The boys are back in town... the boys are back in towhowaahahaan. the boys are back. Oh and a couple of girls you may know and love. It's real people."
Original series creator John Rogers (back as a consulting producer with co-creator Chris Downey) was the one to note that they'd had the first table read on Twitter. "Completely surreal, everybody's right back in the voices," he wrote. "@BethRiesgraf @AldisHodge @ChristianKane01 and our old Librarian pal Noah — but you're not ready for the heat @Ginabellman brings, people."
In a follow-up, he added, "She pulled off the 'I'm not sure this speech works I have to trust Gina' moment and made the room tear up. So good to be working with actors who started off great 12 years ago and have only gotten better."

In a subsequent tweet, Rogers answered a fan's inquiry about Wyle's new character with one word: "Conflicted."
The series follows reformed crooks who use their unique skills to right the corporate and governmental injustices done to common citizens.
"While Leverage centered on a crusade to avenge the death of a child, this series is propelled forward as a redemption story of misdeeds that need amends," returning executive producer Dean Devlin has teased.
Marc Roskin, Rachel Olschan-Wilson, and Kate Rorick will also executive produce.
The original Leverage premiered in 2008 and ran for five seasons.
Credit: TV Insider
From Beth Riesgraf's Instagram a few days ago

I'm so excited!!!! I've missed my Leverage crew so much! Eliot is my favorite, but I love them all! The storyline they have so far seems really strong and balanced. Unfortuntely Nate won't return (personal reasons from the actor), but I've seen Noah Wyle in The Librarians (with Christian Kane) and he plays a fun and engaging character and someone who can very easily be the next Nate Ford figure.


10 comments:

  1. Oh my word!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! We just started re-watching the first season and it's SOOOO GOOD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to have a favorite season, they are all so good!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited!! I'll probably cry at some point. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is some of the best television news I've gotten in a long time.

      Delete
  3. Sad to see not quite all of the cast will return, but this is the next best thing! Excited to catch up with these characters again. Perhaps it's time for a re-watch. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rewatched season 1 last year and did semi-review called Leverage revisited where I posted about my favorite episodes. I need to do it with the other 4 seasons.

      Delete
  4. I've only seen a handful of episodes but I loved it. Now I need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is exciting!! We kinda discovered Leverage last year, a little late in the game. ;) But is was so nice to have a show that whole family could watch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I got introduced to the show. My parents were watching it and loved it, and eventually I cam around to watching the show with them.

      And it's never too late to come across television gold : )

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.