Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Ravenclaw Reading List



As a proud Ravenclaw, books (especially books that you can learn from) are essential to the Ravenclaw profile. Last year, I came across an interesting list inspired by Ravenclaws. Most of these book genres are biographies, science fiction, history and language study. Ravenclaws best attribute are their creativity and being creative sometimes means changing up what's comfortable or what you're use to. Some of these books I would have never thought of picking up; such as a science fiction novel or a book about how to speak properly.


I found 13 of these books at my library and I added 7 of my own books that I think fit well into this reading list, even though it's been a while since I've read them. 

And as I'm not taking the Goodsreads Challenge, I want to make my own challenge. So reading books I wouldn't normally read, re-reading books I haven't picked up in a while and branching out into different genres. And by the end I might find an unexpected favorite!

I'll have the list posted on the side bar of my site, so I can keep track and maybe other people can find a new book for themselves.


The underlined books are the books I already own. 

  1. Band of Brothers: E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne From Normandy to Hitler's Eagle's Nest by Stephen E. Ambrose
  2. One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer by Nathaniel Fick
  3. Black Chalk by Christopher J. Yates
  4. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
  5. The Martian by Andy Weir
  6. Leap of Faith by Queen Noor
  7. The Road to Camelot by Thomas Oliphant and Curtis Wilkie
  8. The Radium Girls: The True Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore
  9. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
  10. Mythology by Edith Hamilton
  11. The Queen and Di by Ingrid Seward
  12. Where Am I Now?: True Stories of Girlhood and Accidental Fame by Mara Wilson
  13. Things Explained: Complicated Stuff in Simple Words by Munroe Randall
  14. The Once and Future King by T.H. White
  15. A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar
  16. Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
  17. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  18. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
  19. Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson
  20. Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu

4 comments:

  1. This is such a neat thing to do! I hope that you enjoy these! I've been wanting to read Strange the Dreamer for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed something different to do with my reading and when I saw this list, I thought it was a perfect idea.

      Delete
  2. Love this! I want to make one for Slytherins.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.