Saturday, February 1, 2020

Currently


January ends and February begins. The weather has been cold and rainy, typical January and I got terribly sick last week which wasn't fun. 
* * * * * *
My list of current at the moments
* * * * * *
Finished: Hart of Dixie ♥️

  
This show was so amazing! I loved everything about it! Zoe + Wade = PERFECTION! The music, the costumes and the storylines! Season 3 was a little weak in some areas, but strong in others. Season 4 only had 10 episodes, but it ended on typical quirky Bluebell note.
(Reviews for season 3 and 4 will be coming up soon)


WatchingDesignated Survivor


A very good political thriller/drama. Kiefer Sutherland takes over the Oval Office and does the job quite well. In spite of threats of terror, hostile states, government secrets and no small amount of scandal on every side. A well balanced mix of humor and drama and solid well written characters.


Re-watching: 24 -Season 5


In my opinion the best season of 24 (followed by seasons 2 and 3). The storyline was very strong and flowed well. I loved Audrey and Jack and they deserved so much better! And while the show may have killed off my favorite couple, Tony and Michelle, they redeemed themselves with Bill and Karen.



Reading: Mythology by Edith Hamilton and
Lethal White by Robert Galbraith


For the last couple of years I've done the Goodreads reading challenge, but this year I decided to just go at my own pace. Both books I'm reading at the moment are quite good. Edith Hamilton's Mythology is a classic and is able to tell the traditional myths and legends in a concise and simplified manner. I've come across some great stories! Lethal White is the 4th book in the Cormoran Strike series and I'm actually re-reading it because I couldn't finish it last year. The book is huge!


Listening: Alone by Heart and Alone (Cover) by Celine Dion

I came across this 80's classic by Heart on YouTube and just fell in love with it! Then I discovered that Celine Dion did a brilliant cover of it years ago. I can't decide which version I love the most!




Loving: My new purse and baby Niffler

Aren't older sisters great sometimes?? The purse is a hand me down, but I never say no to a good bag. And the baby Niffler (from Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald) is just all kinds of precious and adorable!



Waiting: To get back into the gym


Like I said, I've been sick all week and I am aching to get back to working out! Nothing makes me feel more accomplished and full of life then a good, long workout that leaves me breathless, exhausted and sweaty. A couple of months ago I wanted to up my gym time from 3 days a week to 5 days and it's been going great! So I work out in the gym for about 40 min. on either the treadmill, elliptical or stair stepper for 3 days of the week and I  have strength training on 2 days. Strength training is difficult for me, but it's what I need. Thursdays at the gym, I'm taking a HIIT class and it's intense! I love it though.

6 comments:

  1. The baby Niffler!! I hope that you have a good February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niffler is so cute! And, ugh, being sick is the worst. I mean, it's okay for the first day but after that I'm aching to do something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally don't get sick but when I do, it's awful. I hate having to take off of work when I'm sick too.

      Delete
  3. Uhg, being sick is no fun! My Dad LOVES Designated Survivor! We've only watched the first season so far, it's rather stressful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it! Designated Survivor is fantastic and the second season is more subdued, which makes way for some great comedic episodes.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.