Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Resolutions 2018 and 2019


Happy New Year, everyone!

     2018 was a real banger year for me regarding resolutions! And I was successful with many if not all of them! 

      When 2018 began this were the top resolutions

     Find a job

     Lose weight

     Participate in my first Goodreads reading challenge

     When 2018 ended:

     Now working at a gym. Although it's part time, I'm hoping to advance into a full time position.

      I have lost almost 30 pounds since July! I finally had an intervention with myself after 4th of July when my weight was so bad. I gave up junk food, bought my own food, used portion control and religiously logged everything into My Fitness Pal app; as well as continuing to go to the gym. I am so much happier with this new lifestyle!

     I did the Goodreads Challenge for the primary purpose of finishing all the books I had started and in the end managed to read 50 books! 


      Now with 2019, these are my new goals:

     Continue working at the Y and advance in my position.

     Lose at least 5 more pounds before summer and continue not with dieting but with a healthier lifestyle choices.

     Participate in the 2019 Goodreads Challenge with goal of 55 books.

     Keep a continuous book journal (I got two for Christmas!)

     Read through the whole Bible

     Learn hand lettering and calligraphy 

     Take yoga

     Amp up my gym time 


     There are also resolutions for my site. I posted infinitely more than I did last year, which was great and kept the blogging love alive. Now I'm ready for more goals.

     Have a end of the year post goal of 100+ posts

     Post at least twice every week

     Post two book reviews and two movie reviews every month

     Do a monthly post on famous epileptics

    Share from my Instagram page Spareoom Stories which is where I'm going to post all my fandom graphics, information on my stories and possible future projects. This account will be opening up publicly later this month.


     A pretty good lists of resolutions and for someone with my competition streak, I should be able to complete them all! I'm also going to try using less GIFs and more aesthetics in my posts and on my sidebars too. They just make everything infinitely prettier and simpler! And thanks to Pinterest and We Heart It, I have access to plenty lovely, creative images.  

Have a happy new year everyone!



2 comments:

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.