Friday, September 14, 2018

New Fanfiction Account


     I've been writing fanfiction for 12 years. I had an account on fanfiction.net to keep my stories safe in case my computer crashed. Unfortunately, something went wrong on their end and I was completely locked out of my own account with no access to my writing!  However, my dad (God bless him) had always insisted that I keep everything on a flash drive and therefore, all my stories were safe and still accessible.

     Yet, there was still the problem of posting them. Especially since I was right in the middle of one. It would be ridiculous to have 2 accounts with the same stories (even though you can't copy and paste other people's work on fanfic.net). By now, I've noticed that Archive of Our Own (or AO3) has been gaining traction in the last several years. It's definitely much more advanced than its predecessor sites and you do much more than just post stories.

     So, I finally decided to ask for an invite (oh, you have to be invited to get an account) and finally received it today! Let me tell you, it's infinitely easier to post stories of AO3 than it ever was on fanfic.net! I've changed my fanfiction sites in my 'Elsewhere' page and overtime, I'll start transferring my stories. This Harry Potter story above was probably one of the best I've ever done and I was right in the middle of writing it when I got locked out. I also have two Narnia stories and several poems (also Narnia) that I've written too. 

     I'm glad I'm finally going to be able to write again!

My account: ivymiranda2390

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.