Friday, September 21, 2018

Lately (feat. Loki)

Me enjoying the weather right now
     Well, there have been some significant changes in my life in the last month! Firstly, the weather has finally cooled down and it feels amazing! I would like to think that the last of Virginia's humid summers is over, but God has a great sense of humor when it comes to the weather. However, weather set aside, it has been a crazy last few weeks!

     My younger sister got married earlier this month and it was wonderful! The wedding was held
at the Hilton Garden Inn on the most beautiful sunny and cloud free day. I always thought it would be a fun idea to get married at a hotel and now that we've done it, there may be no other way to do a wedding from now on! Oh, my mom and most of my family pretty much planned the entire wedding! With hardly any input from the bride at all; she just didn't care. So everything from the food, the flowers, the colors, the bouquets, all of it was decided by my mom. And I have to admit, she did a pretty damn good job too. 

I normally don't compliment people, but when I do, I'm extra about it.

     I got to dance at this wedding too! It may seem a little insignificant, but when I went to my brother's wedding last year, I only danced once and that was with my dad. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it is awkward sitting and watching everyone have fun and dance, and you're completely ignored--#storyofmylife--. I'm not the type of person to just walk up to someone and ask them to dance or just get up on the floor. That's simply not me and probably never will be. However, I was able to dance a lot more in this wedding and after a while I wasn't so nervous to just get up and have fun. All in all, it was a great day.


     The best piece of news so far is that I have another job! Like an official job! I'm working part time in childcare at a gym. Basically, I watch kids when their parents are working out or in classes. They play games--primarily video games--and in general, have a fun place to relax. Now I initially turned down the job when I got a call for an interview mainly because I had already given my time to babysitting and my mom's shop. I didn't think I would have time another job.

 The moment I hung up, I knew I had made a dreadful mistake. 

Same Loki. Same.

     I thought my mom was going to kill me when I told her. I almost wanted to kill myself. It was about the most uncomfortable morning I have yet to go through. However, I manged to get the interview and now I am gainfully employed at a well respected establishment. I've only worked there for a week and so I'm not going to be too hasty in my judgments, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Working there gets you a free gym membership as well and you better believe I'm using it to my benefit!

     Last month I wrote about how I feared that blogging may becoming a thing of the past? Well, I'm happy to say that may not be for a while. After cleaning out over 50 blogs on my reading list, I've manged to find some other great blogs and reconnect with people that I haven't talked to in a while. There has been a resurrection in my blogging life and quite frankly I am so so happy about it! I have manged to find some good things to do for my site and it's been working in my favor so far.

     Oh, the reading challenge is going great too. 5 books read this month : ) I could honestly do this, 50 books in a year!


Thank you Loki for managing to be a living mood for every paragraph of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.