Saturday, September 24, 2016

Two Tags: Music and Life


     I know I've been MIA from blogging for a few weeks. Reason being is that last month was so hectic with Writer's Camp along with Downton Abbey Week as well as my regular monthly posts, I needed a break! Back in August I was tagged with two fun tags that I've been wanting to get done!

Tag One: From Evangeline - The Music Tag

1. Do you play any instruments?
     - I know how to play the piano and the Appalachian dulcimer 

2. What is your favorite music genre?
     - There are several classical music pieces I find beautiful such as The Moonlight Sonata and Spring of the Four Seasons. I love big band from the 40's. Classic rock from the late 50's and 60's. Of course 80's rock and the music of the 90's that I grew up with (primarily Celine Dion and boyband music). And I have a soft spot from some country as well : )

3. Is there a music genre you absolutely cannot stand?
     - Rap and screamo

4. What is your favorite way to listen to music? (CD, vinyl, MP3, radio, etc.) 
     - On my MP3 primarily, but I like listening to what's new on the radio.

5. Top three favorite bands/singers?

Celine Dion
Sarah Brightman
Josh Groban
6. What are your three favorite chords?
     - Wouldn't know....

7. Is there any instrument you cannot stand in a song?
     - No, not that I can think of.

8. Erin's Question: If you had to pick one song to sum up your entire life, your very essence, the core of your being, which song would you pick?

   Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield. The writer in me told me to pick it.

9. Evangeline's Question: What's your guilty pleasure artist/song?
     - I've never kept it a secret that I'm a One Direction fan and I love a lot of their music! Yet, this song has got to be one of the most beautiful songs they've ever done. 
      
You and I by One Direction


     Thank you Evangeline!!!

Tag Two: From Ruth - The Life's Questions Tag



1. How many brothers and sisters do you have? 
     - Eight.

2. Are you the eldest of the children? If no, what number are you then?
     - I'm the middle of nine, number five. The family order goes girl, girl, boy, boy, girl (me), boy, boy, girl, girl.

3. Do you collect/save stuff?
I have a clear glass bowl full of these!
They look Easter eggs and I love them!
4. Do you have a job? Permanent or not, doesn't matter. (you don't have to answer the question if you don't want to)
     - I work at a church nursery two times a week and I'm a supplementary instructor for the English department at the community college I attended.

5. How do you celebrate your birthday?
    - Because my birthday is so close to Thanksgiving, I've never really have been able to celebrate it the way I want. And I'm at that age where my family doesn't really bother with birthdays anyways.

6. Do you have an own bedroom or do you share it? With whom?
     - I shared a bedroom with my sisters up until I was 19 or 20 and then I finally got my own room!

7. How late do you go to bed(latest, normal, and earliest)?
     - I'm a night owl, but I usually roll into bed between midnight and 1 AM.

8. Do you study a language(except for your birth language)?
     - No, but I've always wanted to!

9. Do you play any instruments?
     - Not anymore.

10. How often do you drink tea?
     - This all American Girl has never been a tea fan.

11. Do you have a large garden?
     - Nope.

12. What do you like better, Jane Austen movies or Downton Abbey?
    - Always Downton Abbey!

13. Can you read a book in one hour?
     - Probably not. I'm a little ADD with reading. I have to take a break every few chapters and think, "That was good, but I would have done it this way..." and then, the next thing I know, I'm coming up with my own story. 

14. Do you ever feel like visiting great places?
     - At times yes. 

15. Do you like drawing and/or painting?
     - Sadly I've never had the talent for drawing, but I've always wanted to paint.

     Thank you Ruth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.