Monday, February 8, 2016

Little House Blog Party


     Ashley at A to Z is hosting a Little House blog party over at her site : ) I grew up with everything "Little House on The Prairie" (when you're homeschooled in the 90s, it was somewhat inevitable) and I love the television show as well!! Besides reading the original books, I also read the first three prequel books about Laura's mother, Caroline and those I love as well : ) Ashley is also hosting a giveaway of three Little House on the Prairie bookmarks that I definitely have my eye on to win.


Little House Tag


1. How did you discover Little House?

     - I grew up with "Little House on The Prairie" because it was so embedded into the homeschooling lifestyle at the time. I've read most of the books during a Little House school study and my mom would oftentimes read the books aloud to us. 

2. Which Little House series have you read? Which are you favorite? (Laura, Martha, Rose, etc.)

     - I've read most of Laura and three of Caroline. I loved the Caroline books and I really need to finish them!

3. Have you read any "extra" Little House books? (non "canon", cookbooks, song books, craft books, little kid books, etc.)

      - I believe I've read a little bit of each. We do have a "Little House Cook Book" which my mom uses a lot. One recipe, apples and onions, (from "Farmer Boy) is a family favorite.

4. Have you read any biographies/autobiographies about Laura or any of the Little House girls?

     - During the school study, my mom got a book that gave an inside look on the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder, her family, her life across the mid-west, her marriage, etc. and it was fascinating with beautiful pictures.

5. If you could be in any character's place, who would you choose and why?

     - Probably Ma Ingalls. She's a perfect example of a strong, but feminine character. 

6. What's your favorite Little House ship? (AKA couple)


     - Laura and Almanzo! Although, I actually liked the way their early relationship was portrayed in the show than the books. 

7. What's your favorite Little House book? Cover?
   

     - It's a tie between these two. "On the Banks of Plum Creek" is my favorite book (Nellie Olsen!!!) and "Little House in The Big Woods" is my favorite cover because I love the Christmas chapter : ) I had a rag doll that looked just like Charlotte too.  

8. If you could invite any secondary character from any of the Little House books over for dinner, who would you choose and why?

     - Probably Royal Wilder. He was hysterical in "The Long Winter," but really any of Almanzo's siblings (although, Eliza Jane was terrible when she got older in the books). 

9. Have you watched the Little House TV show? If so, do you enjoy it?


     - Oh Yes!!! It's an absolute favorite of mine! When I was little I wanted to move to Walnut Grove. 

10. If you could watch a YouTube miniseries on any Little House book or series, which would you choose and how would the basic plot go?

      - Definitely "The Caroline Years." I would hope the plot would be just like the books series, because the storyline in the books was so richly done and well thought out. 

1 comment:

  1. The Caroline books are soooo cool!
    Those apples and onions sound delicious!
    I love that collage of Laura and Almanzo! Do you mind if I use it in the wrap up post?
    Royal Wilder is pretty funny :D
    The Caroline books storyline is sooo well-planned!
    Thanks so much Ivy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.