Thursday, July 23, 2026

The Reader Problems Tag



Thanks!



You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

- Follow my heart ðŸ˜Š no it's really just what interests me at the moment really.


You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

- I used to force myself to read books but eventually I told myself that I read for enjoyment and if it becomes a chore then it's not worth it.


The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?

- One time I just changed the goal number. Like the above answer if reading becomes a chore that it's not worth it.


The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?

 - Oh, now it's getting personal. If it's really that important to me, I will comb Amazon until I find the matches and also if I have the money for it as well.


Everyone and their mother love a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

 - My family, but usually my sisters. We're all big readers and we all have our own eclectic tastes in different genres. 


You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?

- The best thing to do is just put the book down I suppose and finish it later.


A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!

 - The synopsis on Goodreads would be the best bet if you really wanted to read this new book


You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?

- That's hard because I actively lend my books out to people, but I have had a problem lending books to children though. I guess the best thing to say is, "I collect books so I don't lend them out but I'm sure you can find it at the library or Amazon."


You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

- The reading slump may just be reading burn out. Sometimes you just need to put the books down and focus on another activity, writing, crafting, etc. and eventually something will pique your interest again.


There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?

- It would be dependent on how many books I'm reading at the moment and what my genre mood is. To be safe, just one.


After you’ve bought the new books, you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?

- A year....maybe more....



Here's a fresh set of the questions:

You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?

The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?

Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?

A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!

You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?

You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?

After you’ve bought the new books, you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.