Saturday, April 29, 2023

Goodreads Challenge 2023 - April

 

I was hoping that my reading streak would pick up again in April, but unfortunately I was only able to get through two books:

This was a good book! The basic premise of the story is a young women who wakes up each new year to find herself in a different year of her life. So one year she's 23 and the next year she's 51. Exploring the different decades was cool and it had some unexpected twists and surprises. I've come to realize that I enjoy the time flip or timeline genre. Similar to The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle where the whole story dealt with body swapping and trying to keep a linear timeline. I find those genres both aggravating and fun.






I'm making my way through the Anne series and I'm almost there. I was somewhat disappointment in this book because I thought it was going to be a continuation of the Blythe children's growing up, but it focused primarily on a different family. Granted the Meredith's were a great bunch and I loved their adventures, however, I felt that Anne and Gilbert's children still should have the primary focus of the book. Oh and am I in the minority when I say that I actually like the Blythe children?? I've read so many book reviews about how people can't stand them! I didn't think the children were precocious in any way. They were just normal kids who had their ups and downs and learned from their mistakes, just like their parents. I actually found Anne back in her younger days to be much more annoying. 







2 comments:

  1. I love the Blythe children, too, Miranda! It's been a long time indeed since I read Rainbow Valley, but Walter is kind of one of my favorite characters ever, and I remember liking bits about the other children. I'm interested to see what you think of Rilla of Ingleside! It's my second-favorite Anne book after Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The twins are my favorite characters. They were defintely Anne's daughters no doubt! I have heard that Rilla of Ingleside is a fan favorite and so I'm excited to read it!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.