Saturday, January 7, 2023

Guess The Musical Aesthetics - January

It's been ages (like 8 years!) since I've done a blog series! I've gotten really into the aesthetics obsession (inspired by Olivia!) and I have an Instagram and Tumblr both solely dedicated to appreciating art, nature and anything one can define as beautiful and pleasing. 

I also have a huge love of musicals and so I had a great idea of doing a monthly 'Guess the Musical Aesthetics.' So, it's pretty self explanatory. Each month I post a graphic with pictures that represent a certain favorite musical. It's really difficult to make, because I didn't want any obvious pictures that would immediately give the musical away (such as a red dress, red curly hair and a dog, one would immediately know that it's Annie).

I also posted this on my Instagram, but I don't think it's going to get much traction. And normally I veer away from doing guessing game posts, because I don't know how much traffic my site actually gets. However, there's a first time for everything.

I did the best that I could and this first one is super easy.



8 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love this idea!! Musicals + aesthetics? Ideal.

    You know, I've been toying with the idea of doing some kind of blog party celebrating musicals for years now (inspired by Amy @ Yet Another Period Drama Blog)... What do you think? Should I do it one of these days?

    Anyway, back to this post -- please tell me this is Newsies, because I'll be embarrassed otherwise. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guessed correctly!

      I did something similar to this several years ago, so I thought I would give it a try in graphics. It worked!

      Yes! Yes! Yes! There are so many musical lovers on Blogger that I think it would be an excellent idea!

      Delete
  2. This is so fun! I'm guessing Newsies because of the type writer and the train ("Santa Fe!"). And the theater, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!! Love the brown tones in this one. Has to be Newsies. ;) Which is in my top 3 musicals. There are so many musicals out there with unique aesthetics. I'd love to find a new musical this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! It's Newsies!

      Thank you! I love making these kind of graphics, but like I said it was difficult trying not to use pictures that would be too obvious. I always think that I've seen a lot of musicals, but everywhere I turn now there's a new musical I haven't heard of.

      Delete
  4. I suspect this is a musical I don't know, but my guess is going to be "Newsies," which I haven't seen, but it kind of looks like trailers I've seen from it? :-D Looking forward to seeing your other collages! This one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's Newsies! I would highly recommend Newsies if you haven't seen it. Not only is the music and the dancing beautiful, it's based on an extraordinary true story.

      Thank you so much!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.