Sunday, February 3, 2019

Lovely Blog Party Kick Off + Tag

The link to Cordy's Kick Off post is embedded in the picture

     The Lovely Blog Party hosted by Cordy and has started! Here's her introduction:

Good morning my friends!! :D Are you ready for a party? I'm expecting a crowd so gather around. ;) We have quite a lot of interest this year so I hope we'll enjoy ourselves.

For those of you wishing to participate, it's very simple. Use a fictional couple of choice and create a post dedicated to them. Once that post is made, come back to this post, like this one, the one you're reading, and leave a link to your post in the comment section. (FYI, you can be creative with the theme as your imagination dictates. There are some intended top ten lists as well as some musical additions headed to the party on other blogs so I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!) At the end of the month, and this party, I'll post a master list including all the links. Also, if you so desire, I'll be posting a tag for you to fill out and you can again leave the links to those posts in the comment section of this post.

I think that covers it. :) I'm looking forward to your posts!

I'm going to be doing King Arthur and Guinevere from Merlin. I love, love, love them! I may do more than one post on Arthur and Gwen, given their complex relationship throughout the series and that doesn't even include Lancelot and the infamous love triangle.


      Cordy has posted a fun, but very different kick-off tag to fill out.

I wanted to do something a little different with my tag for the month. Because of the varying lives of my readers (not all readers know the same couples and I don't want to spoil any stories), and because "fictional couples" is such a HUGE umbrella I decided to create a tag targetting "romantic stereotypes". (Basically questions about cliches and traditions that are so often considered romantic.) So, what I want you to do is answer the following questions all based off some stereotypes that I've selected. I hope that makes sense and proves entertaining in some way. So, without further ado, let's find out who actually considers these things to be romantic.

Isn't it romantic to be serenaded?

- To be honest...no. I've never found serenading to be romantic at all.

Isn't it romantic to have pet names for each other?

- I think so. I like simple names like darling, sweetheart, love, etc. 

Isn't it romantic if he wants you to look him in the eye?

- Yes! Absolutely! I have a hard time looking people in the eye and for him to want me to look him in the eye shows a personable interest.

Isn't it romantic to be carried across the threshold?

- Absolutely! There is great symbolism of bringing a woman into the house for her to create a home for her future family.

Isn't it romantic to receive flowers and chocolates?

- On occasion, but not too much. Well...the chocolate could be used about once a week.

Isn't it romantic to get caught in the rain?

- I've always had a soft spot for getting caught in the rain. 

Isn't it romantic to dance?

- YES! YES! YES! 

Isn't it romantic if he asks for your parent's permission to marry you?

- Not just romantic, but respectful as well.

Isn't it romantic to be rescued?

- I'm going to admit I'm a sucker for stories of woman who are rescued from men who want to harm them. Call it old fashioned or anti-feminist, but I find a man acting in accordance to how he was created to be truly romantic and desirable. 

Isn't it romantic to stargaze?

- No...well, maybe. I've never been much of a stargazer to be honest...


2 comments:

  1. I do like the old fashion pet names - I actually like 'honey'

    I do like it when not only women but people in general getting rescued from people who would hurt them.

    I've not see Merlin so I don't anything about Arthur or Guinevere but I'm sure they are wonderful.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old fashioned pet names are just cute and fun.

      When people are rescued I think it's inspiring for others, but I also believe that people can rescue themselves too.

      Merlin is a great show and Merlin and Guinevere are just ammazzing!!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.