Friday, April 10, 2015

Andrea's Swift Cancer Diagnosis

Taylor and Andrea, December 2014
       I know I've made it public that I don't care for Taylor Swift and her music, but yesterday it was revealed that her mother, Andrea (51), has been diagnosed with cancer. Taylor and her mother are very close and I know that Andrea is the backbone of her daughter's career. My thoughts and prayers with the whole Swift family! No one should have to go through this.

Taylor and Andrea in New York, 2008
Taylor Swift shares: My mom has cancer
Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY 3:01 p.m. EDT April 9, 2015

Now, writes Swift, "The results came in, and I'm saddened to tell you that my mom has been diagnosed with cancer. I'd like to keep the details of her condition and treatment plans PRIVATE, but she wanted you to know."

Swift says that her mother wanted to urge fans to remind their parents to get CHECKED to "possibly lead to an early diagnosis and an easier battle."

And also for "peace of mind in knowing that they're healthy and there's nothing to worry about. She wanted you to know why she may not be at as many shows this tour. She's got an important battle to fight."

Source: USA Today


"The Best Day"

Taylor's beautiful music video dedicated to her mother back in 2008.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.