Sunday, April 7, 2024

Inklings Link-Up ~ April 2024

 

 Welcome back for Inklings Link-Up : ) Here are my other Inklings Posts

1. At any time during the month, on your own blog post a scene from a book or film that matches the prompt.

2. Link-back to Heidi's blog in the comments section with a link to you Inklings prompt.

 April Prompt

A scene with a cake in book or film

This was a particularly difficult prompt to think on because the only story that was coming to mind was Anne Shirley's prize winning cake company mention in her story article. However there was no actual cake at all. I figured that the hysterical scene of Kathy Selden jumping out of the fake cake from Singin' In the Rain (1952) was a better fit.

As a kid I was always mystified at this scene because I couldn't figure out how Kathy got into a real cake! All things considered I enjoy how this becomes Don and Kathy's second meeting after he hitched a ride in her car an hour before. It's clear that after their first meeting Don is taken with the young chorus girl, but the party scene really allows Kathy to showcase her stage presence in singing, dancing and engaging with the audience. Don knows that he has found somebody with quality talent. A talent that will eventually save his career.



4 comments:

  1. Mwahaha, I LOVE this scene! And how she throws the cake at Lina. And how when Don eventually finds Kathy, Cosmo quips "We've been looking in ever cake in town." XD Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always been a favorite of mine too

      Delete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad you did this one!! Great choice and it's making me want to rewatch it sometime soon. I forget how funny those early scenes are. (And I hadn't thought of the Anne / baking powder episode, but that's also hilarious. xD)

    Thanks so much for your enthusiasm and joining in Inklings! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.