Saturday, August 31, 2019

D.C. Trip 2019


     At the beginning of August my sister and I took a 3 day trip to Washington D.C. Even though I've lived only 4 hours away from the capitol my whole life, I've never been there. It was a wonderful trip! I visited Arlington, Smithsonian, including The National Air and Space Museum, The American Art Museum, The Museum of American History--The Library of Congress, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, The Korean War Memorial, The Vietnam Veterans Memorial and The Holodomor Memorial.



Arlington is so vast that it's impossible to document everything, 
but I did get some great pictures of the Kennedy Memorial.


Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis 

President John F. Kennedy and
 his infant son Patrick Joseph

Arabella Kennedy 
John and Jackie's stillborn daughter

Robert Francis "Bobby" Kennedy

 Edward Moore "Ted/Teddy" Kennedy

Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. 
The oldest Kennedy child who was killed in WWII


 The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

The Smithsonian







The Capitol and The Library of Congress








The WWII Memorial

     Of course what I have here doesn't scratch the surface of my complete documentation of the trip, but most of it was also videos that I'm not able to post. Also, it was good to just put down the camera and enjoy the views.

    When we weren't visiting historical landmarks we were riding the metro station...constantly! We also went out to several interesting restaurants, Old Ebbit Grill which was near the White House and a wonderful dumpling joint in Chinatown. 



     The best and most unexpected of all was meeting my best friend! My friend, Celeste and I met online back in 2007 and for over ten years we have been trying to meet each other! She's originally from Maryland, but moved to Arlington several years ago. Due to our busy schedules, we aren't able to talk as much and so it never dawned on me to tell her that I was coming to D.C. When I started posting pictures and videos of my trip on my Instagram, she was floored that we were coming to D.C. and we were both finally able to meet! It was incredible!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your photos and memories. The war memorial photo, 4th from bottom, with the men wearing capes is the Korean War Memorial, not the WW II Memorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.