Thursday, February 21, 2019

I'm Pro-Life...but...


Very long post, but there are many things I need to write about.

     The world is at war with the debate of abortion. Nothing can tear a room apart faster than bringing up abortion and who has more rights, the mother or the child? With the signing of the New York Abortion Bill the pro-life and pro-choice movements are at an extreme intensity with one another. However, other states are fighting back. Such as the case with Utah with the banning of abortion for Down Syndrome babies.

     Down Syndrome babies are at a very high risk right now. In Greenland, any possible sign of an unborn child that could have Down Syndrome can be aborted. This is completely evil and inhumane. Any child right now with any disability are now seen as 'a strain on society,' and 'not worth the time and energy to care for.' As someone with a disability (as well as having a sister who is also epileptic and an autistic brother), this -supposed- ideology shocks me. The disabled are looked down on, seen as inferior and society simply seems Ok with the notion that 'the survival of the fittest,' is acceptable. 

     The mistreatment of the disabled was also what Hitler bellowed from his stage. When he started his ethnic cleansing of Germany and Europe, he didn't start with the Jews, he started with the disabled, the sick and the elderly. When Joseph Ratzinger - the former Pope, Benedict VXI - was living in Nazi Germany he remembered watching as his cousin with Down Syndrome was carried away from his family. As an epileptic, I would have been taken to the camps to be exterminated, because Hitler believed that I didn't belong in his Aryan dream. 




     I really can't begin to explain how reading all of those facts truly does terrify me. The fact that I was born different, that my mind functions differently and by no admission of my own, somehow makes me a target for death. While I am truly thankful that I did not live during that time, my heart breaks for the suffering the disabled went through and still go through today.

     Now, I'm pro-life. To the absolute extent. I believe that should never be any exception for the death of an unborn child. In this day and age, ***we have the programs, the charities, the support and funding*** for woman to have a baby and still have a successful and functioning life. We have the medical technology and medicine to ensure the safety of both mother and child. While never having been in the position of an unexpected pregnancy, I would never shy away from wanting to help someone seek help and aid for their own pregnancy.

     I am by no means telling a woman what to do with her own body. However, she has no right to harm another body, including the one inside of her. Science claims that a fetus is a human life. This isn't just religion, it's absolute scientific fact and truth. And by no means am I going to 'force' a woman to have a child. No one has the power to do that. In the end it is still the woman that has the decision to say yes or no. However, I will never see abortion as a merciful option. Abortion will never be a choice. 

      In situations of rape? Even then. While rape is abominable and evil, a child shouldn't be punished for the crimes of another. I don't believe that the rape survivor should be made to care for the child though. She certainly would not have the mental stability to care for herself. So, even on the case of rape, yes you should have the child, but there should be no expectation to raising the child. That's where adoption should be the surest choice. 

     Would I support a woman who had decided to have an abortion? That's hard for me to say. I can provide her with all the pro-life resources I have, but I'm not God. It's not my place to determine the choices and future of someone else and only He can lead a woman's heart to the right decision. I have heard stories from my former co-workers who had planned abortions and at last minute changed their minds. So, believe me, God controls it all. 

     While I appreciate how strong the pro-life movement in America has been getting, I'm also appalled at the utter hypocrisy as well. The article I posted above I had found on my Instagram page. I went to the comments to see what people had to say on Utah's Down Syndrome Abortion Ban and to be honest, I was shocked at what I read.














     The list can just go on and on. While there were several the seemed genuinely happy at the abortion ban, many were incensed at the idea that a disabled baby should have the right to live. The most shocking comments coming especially from those who claimed to pro-life, but...in the case of a child who was born differently...Utter hypocrisy at its lowest. 

You are not pro-life. You're a coward and have truly given in to the Eugenic belief of the extermination of the sick and the weak. To say that a disabled baby is a strain on the government and society further proves the point of your hatefulness and you do not stand for life at all. Just go and align yourself with Planned Parenthood and the rest of the pro-choicers.

     Now the liberal side is just as bad, but they are also good with their lies and deception. The liberal pro-choice agenda has never cared about the disabled at all. They may seem to have good intentions for the disabled, but their intentions are only for themselves. The liberal agenda or narrative uses the disabled for their own purposes. To appear compassionate, but in truth, they would rather see the disabled gone. Here's an example that I made several months ago.


     Modern day liberalism will cry and scream about ableism and how the disabled deserve respect and equal treatment, as long as they weren't born that way. Or the disabled are alright, but as long as they are controlled and we can still seem compassionate. No absolutely not. The liberal agenda stands on the backs of the disabled, looking good and saintly and compassionate, and then break the backs of the disabled when they give into the abortion of them. 

      Am I saying that all liberals are without compassion? No. Certainly not.

      Look at the Kennedy Family and the creation of the Special Olympics. Certainly not conservatives in their politics, but truly compassionate.

      However, the agenda or the narratives of liberalism -the belief system, not necessarily the people -  and those beliefs regarding the disabled conflict with one another. A disabled baby is a strain on the government and should be killed, but at the same time, we have to make sure we aren't ableist in out terms so as not to offend anyone or just so I can look like a saint. 

Tell me how these people born with Down Syndrome are a strain on society.

Frank Stephen's UN Speech

Collette DiVitto of Colletty's Cookies

Madeline Stuart - Down Syndrome model


Aditi Verma - Owner and head chef of Aditi's Corner in Mumbai, India

     These people aren't just doing alright, they are thriving and changing the world and how the world views them. So is the strain extra hours of schooling? Medication? Socialization? My question is, what gives you or any person the right to question the livelihood of another person? 

     Here's another idea, maybe if we stopped the funding of sex operations for 5 year old boys to become girls, when their own brains aren't completely developed, there might be some more compassion for the disabled. How much more of a strain on the government and society is the transitioning of one sex to another, with numerous surgeries and medications, than a child born with Down Syndrome?

     I don't wish any ill will on people that disagree with my beliefs nor am I trying to make people align with mine. Yet, there is no denying that has never been compassion found in abortion. Maybe 100 years ago when there were no charities and organizations, but in the 21'st century, woman and children should know that they are not alone.

     Normally I don't write about political issues, but ever since reading those comments, I felt like I had to write something! The only thing I can do now besides writing is to support pro-life ministries and organizations the best that I can.

***Here's a list of websites and organizations you can visit





5 comments:

  1. Wow.........this was an amazing post! Thank you so much for writing this!

    ~Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. It makes me so sad and angry, but it also forces you to think about how you could be doing more. And it's important for us to follow the example of Christ in interacting with those with whom we disagree, even when it's hard to love them. Thanks for the thought-provoking post and videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so difficult dealing with pro-choicers, because in a sense they d have the stronger arguments. However, the stronger sragument doesn't always mean it's the right argument either.

      Delete
  3. This is old, but still great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.