Friday, August 10, 2018

Lately (feat. Ross and Demelza Poldark)


     Getting back into blogging is infinitely more difficult after taking a yearlong break, but I'm getting through. I never realized how crazy my blogging was in 2015 and 2016 even though I had set some pretty high goals for my site and managed to meet all of them (except for finishing my stories!). However, since I have been jobless all summer, I've had plenty of time on my hands, but have simply had no inspiration at all. 

     The job issue has taken a turn for the better and I've been hired to nanny for a good friend (whose children I already care for) from Tuesday to Saturday in the evening time. This has been glorious for me! While it's not perfect, it's a job and it's with someone I trust and I know is honest with me. My hours are from 5 to 9:30 so it's not very long, but it's something! Meanwhile I can still work in the shop in the morning time as well as still go to the gym.


      I don't know if I have ever mentioned in on here, but I am a complete gym and workout fanatic! I go three nights a week and then between those nights I do an in home walking program. It's paying off too because I've finally started to lose a good amount of weight, which I desperately to lose and I was horrified to find out that I was in the overweight zone according to my BMI. Now, I'm at a healthy weight and hoping to reach my new goal by my sister's wedding in September.  

     Meanwhile, my summer has been absolutely wonderful! I've even managed to go to the beach a couple of times, which I haven't been to go to in ages. I also went to Busch Gardens and the Zoo and it felt great just to go out and have some fun. Sadly I haven't been able to see all the movies I wanted to see. The Incredibles 2 is off the list because of epilepsy awareness, but I really want to see Mama Mia 2 and Christopher Robin of which I've heard that both are fantastic!


     On a slightly more serious blogging note, I've noticed that my reading list of blogs that I follow are pretty much the same three or four blogs over and over again. While I'm hoping that Blogger isn't becoming a thing of the past, I do realize that Blogger's golden days that were between 2010 and 2015 have definitely come to end. The people that I followed have grown up, graduated, gotten married (I've done at least one of those three things) and so their blogs have become secondary and just non existent in their lives. So, I have a lot of cleaning up on my reading list to do. 

     I am hoping to find more blogs to follow because I enjoy getting to know people and their lives and I certainly could never give up blogging. I just need to learn to put the i-Phone down and get back into what I love the most and that's writing...and reading. As you can tell I've read almost 30 books in my Goodreads Challenge, it should probably be more by now, but I think I'll be able to just squeak by. Day by day...


Wow, I hope everyone manged to make it through this post!

Thank you Ross and Demelza Poldark for putting down your drama 
and bringing your sheer adorable and in love selves to this post.

6 comments:

  1. Being a nanny is a lot of fun. I did it for a year, loved the girl I was taking care of.

    I've been meaning to follow more blogs myself. It's easy to kind of stick to the same ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!

      I've been nannying for years and I've always enjoyed it. And its's always good to know that you're helping a parent and they can trust you with their child.

      After I cleaned out my reading list I went from over 70 blogs to now 26. I think that's a good number to follow, but I do love visiting other blogs.

      Delete
  2. I think being a nanny would be cool to do! But also kind of weird if it's not someone you know.
    Ah, the Incredibles 2. I wish I could watch it, but well...some things come later, some earlier.
    I seriously HAVE to expand the blogs I read. I have a fair amount of blogs to read at this moment, but I should try and find more. As you said, it's always nice to ''meet'' other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a somewhat nerve-wracking at first when you work for a family you don't know, but all the families I've worked for have been wonderful. So I have been very fortunate to not have any bad nannying experiences.

      I had wanted to see the Incredibles 2, but their was an epilepsy warning going out because there were bright flashing lights throughout the film and flashing lights can trigger seizures.

      Sometimes the best thing you can do is just go to blogs you already follow and look for the people that follow them. That's always worked for me.

      Delete
  3. Nice to "catch up" with what's been going on in your life!

    I know how you feel about blogging. I've been super busy this summer, but even when I've had time to blog . . . I just don't have much inspiration! I WANT to blog, and I want to do something other than tag/award posts and reviews (though I do have a few things I want to review), but I can't seem to figure out what?! *sigh.*


    I'm so conflicted on Mamma Mia! I don't agree with some of the choices the characters make *ahem*, but I LOVE the music so much (and, in a way, the story, too), so . . . I don't know! I think I'll select scenes of the sequel -- probably not watch the whole thing, but I'll watch some. ;)


    (Speaking of movies with Lily James, have you watched/are you interested in The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? We just finished watching that one and it's very good! I feel like you might like it? I mean, I could be wrong, but I would think you would?)

    I think the blogging circle that a lot of us were a part of HAS changed significantly, but at the same time, it's almost like there's a "new generation" of blogs coming into their own! (Obviously, they're not actually a new generation, but you know what I mean.) And I'm glad you don't plan to go; I don't, either! Like you said, it's just a matter of getting back into the groove.

    Hope you're having a good Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you have definitely been posting more than me! In 2015 and 2016 I had numerous monthly series that I was doing on my blog, such as the vlogs, the royal couples series, little things, appreciation posts, etc. And they were just inspirations that came from one post and I thought, I should do this every month. So you never know when the inspiration is going to hit.

      I know people have had some problems with the immoral decisions made in the Mamma Mia!, but the whole point of the story is the consequences that come from bad choices and hoping that others won't repeat it. Also, it has a fabulous pro-life message as well. Donna could have gotten rid of Sophie as a pregnant 17 year old, but she chose to keep her daughter instead and right now, we need more strong moral messages like that.

      No, I haven't seen The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, but it looks really good! I want to read the book first and then get the movie when it comes out on Red box.

      Well, as Ecclesiastes says,...a generation comes and a generation goes..., and now at 27 I am part of the older blogging generation. And I could never give up my blog! I still have a lot of ideas for it.

      Thank you! You too!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.