Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Layout and Some Announcements


     Happy New Year everyone! I changed my lovely Christmas layout into a very classy vintage/Edwardian themed header and layout and I love it!

     The last couple of years have been great for my site, but also very busy and very wearing. While I have enjoyed the multiple series that I've done, Little Things, Appreciation Posts, Vlogs, Royal Families, Women, A History and The Character Sketches, I realized near the end of last year that I was doing far too much. I loved writing them, but the constant deadline (and procrastination) was taking away my love for them. I'm of the personality that if I start something I need to finish it. And I don't want to write a post just because I need to finish what I started. 


     So, this year, I'm not going to do any series at all. The movie reviews will continue of course! I could never stop those. Also, I'm having computer problems and we have limited internet access here, so I may not be able to post as frequently. My blog goal for this year is to focus on writing in general. I promise, promise that I will pick back up with The Phoenix!!! And that it what I really more than anything want to focus on. 

     Also, I'm beginning to start on my own original fiction, but I won't be publishing on my site; not yet at least. I can't go into too much detail now, but I will say it's a romance that takes place in a fictionalized city in Virginia and is set in the early 90's. If anyone ever read those romance novels that just dealt with everyday life, the decisions we make and the consequences we are left to deal with, then that's basically what I'm working on. It's not a Christian romance exactly, but there are some Christian elements in it. I'm really excited for it and I'll keep updating on it and give little previews from time to time. 

Happy 2017, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.