Friday, May 15, 2015

Winter Soldier


Winter Soldier

I was hidden in the deep

No need to think, no need to speak

Darkness was my friend and enemy

I can call to no other


And as the snow falls to my feet

I hear a distant memory

Is this what I was born to be?

Before I was taken under


Emotion threatens to break free

So many years taken away from me

Can there be another life to live?


From the depths of this hell

I can’t believe,

You would take such a fall

To redeem a monster like me.


Through the crashes of lightening,

There's a phantom who knows no peace.

In the shadow of your hope,

Would you rescue me?


So frightened of this world I hate

Seems a like such a cruel fate 

This is all I have to face.

A soldier who lives without wonder


Am I still part of the human race?

Or a machine who has no place?

Have I fallen so far from grace?

All I know is blood and thunder


From the depths of this hell,

I can’t believe

That you would take such a fall

To redeem a monster like me.


Through the crashes of lightening

There's a phantom who knows no peace.

In shadow of your hope,

Can you rescue me?

 - Ivy M. Spargur


Inspired by Never Let Me Go by Florence and the Machine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.