Thursday, February 20, 2014

Life & Love (and some hates)

My favorite painting of all time
     Normally I try to avoid writing about myself. One, because often times I can find it very narcissistic and two, I seriously doubt anyone would really care about my personal life. So, the basis of my blog isn't necessarily writing about myself, but moreover my general opinion about the world and the media. From Downton Abbey Confessions, movie reviews, defense posts (Cosette, Frodo Baggins and Jane Foster) and most recently exploring the historical content of holidays (Redeeming St. Valentine's Day. And wait until you read my St. Patrick's Day post!!).

     On this day though, I'm really bored. Alright the truth is I'm...actually running away from doing my homework, which consists of---
  • reading two history chapters 
  • taking two history quizzes 
  • writing a letter to the editor of a newspaper for English
  • studying for my English mid-term 
  • doing my math homework. 

   Yeah, I'd rather be blogging. Then I got an interesting idea of taking the pins that I have from my Life & Love Pinterest board and using them in a Blogger post about my personal interests in life. I mean if you really want to know about my interests you can stop by my Pinterest page, but oftentimes that's not the same as really writing down who you are as a person.

Random Facts

I would seriously die without him
Constantly. It's my most embarrassing habit.
At least Edith Crawley makes me look like an angel in my family
  • I've had epilepsy since I was 13 years old and probably earlier than that. 
  • I have never broken a bone in my body. 
  • Even though I'm the middle child, I'm not particularly close to any of my siblings.
  • Although I love writing, I don't want to take it up professionally.
  • I question everything around me, even my own religious beliefs.
  • I love my church and my church family!
  • I don't care for classic literature.
  • I have severe learning disabilities in math

Music

Wonderful, beautiful, perfect, all American girl!
That's what I would do, if I were you.
I will carry you through the dark.
  • I'm very eclectic when it comes to music. I enjoy almost everything from classical to country.
  • One type of music I cannot stand is rap music.
  • Celine Dion has been my favorite musical artist since I was a little girl.
  • My first album I bought was the Lilo and Stitch soundtrack.
  • My second album was Clay Aiken's debut album, Measure of a Man.
  • I hate the word singer. I say musical artist instead.
  • As a kid I was in every one of my church's choir/drama productions.
  • For my Father/Daughter dance I want to play Peter Cetera's, "Daddy's Girl." 
Books and literature

Teaching me that being different is acceptable.
Teaching me to never be afraid to do the right thing.
Teaching me to believe in the impossible.
  • I own the whole "Harry Potter" series and some of them are falling apart from repeat usage.
  • My favorite Narnia book is "The Magician's Nephew."
  • "The Hunger Games" peaked my curiosity for Dystopian literature.
  • When I read a book I will automatically begin rewriting the story.
  • I read most of the "Twilight" series but couldn't get through the last one because it was so boring.
  • I got my whole family into reading "A Series of Unfortunate Events."
  • I enjoy more modern literature, because I can relate to it.
  • Comparing series is ridiculous and a waste of time.
Movies

Favorite genre <3
My collection is huge
There's nothing like dressing up and going to the movies
  • My DVD collection are all in a general order. Fantasy, history, superheros, romantic comedies, Christian, musicals, The Tyler Perry collection, the Steel Magnolia collection and random.
  • I'm not into super sappy romantic movies.
  • I don't care for westerns.
  • I have a habit of buying movies before previously viewing them.
  • I enjoy remakes to original movies, depending on how the story is worked out.
  • I don't mind when a movie doesn't always follow the book. I think it makes it more interesting.
  • I could spend all afternoon watching DVDs in my room.
  • Being a fan-fiction writer, when I see a movie for the first time I'm rewriting the story in the first 10-15 minutes of the film. 
Television Shows

Best British drama of my generation!
Love everything! The acting, the storyline, the music, all of it!
Maybe a little overrated...but still intriguing and fun!
  • My favorite television shows are Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, The Vampire Diaries, Merlin, LOST, Sherlock, Criminal Minds, Cold Case and The Road to Avonlea.
  • It's habitual in my family to get warped (almost to the point of obsession) into a series.
  • In The Vampire Diaries, I'm Team Stefan because I admire his courage, honor and loyalty.
  • My favorite character in Sherlock is Gregg Lestrade.
  • I hope the name Sybil comes back into style because of Sybil Crawley.
  • The best character development throughout all of the seasons of Downton Abbey is Branson.
  • I have season 5 of Merlin and I'm still to afraid to finish it!
  • If I could live in any of my favorite television shows, it would be a toss up between Merlin and The Vampire Diaries
Food

I could eat these all day.
One of the bests!
I'm only...mildly obsessed...
  • I tend to be a very picky eater.
  • I am a chocoholic and will eat any type of chocolate you give me.
  • Tropical Smoothie and Sweet Frog (frozen yogurt) are my favorite places to eat.
  • Although I don't care for baking, I love to make cookies.
  • I love shellfish of any kind, shrimp, clams, oysters, lobster, crabs, scallops, you name it.
  • Oriental food is my favorite foreign food.
  • One day I want to have traditional made bouillabaisse. 
  • I can't eat meatloaf or I'll throw it up.
Personal

Always
Constantly
All my life
  • I get annoyed when girls compare themselves to literary heroines. It seems unrealistic.
  • I think my personality is a mix of Gimli, Pippin, and occasionally Dr. McCoy.
  • I wish I was actually like Obi-Wan Kenobi.
  • Nothing hurts me more than when people break their promises to me.
  • I hate being ignored, interrupted and overlooked.
  • I don't trust people outside of my family.
  • I never expect to have friends for very long.
  • I'm very judgmental. 
Superhero Love

If only he was from Virginia .
I wasn't expecting to love them so much.
I never look at thunderstorms the same way now.
  • With the exception of the Bible, I believe that superheros and their stories are the ultimate proof of good overcoming evil.
  • Superheros also show that there is always hope in humanity.
  • My favorite superhero is Charles Xavier "Professor X" from X-Men.
  • I hate when girls rag on the Hulk. He's an awesome character! Not everyone can be Captain America!
  • My sister said if I could be with any Avenger it would be Bruce Banner.
  • I only watch Batman because of Christian Bale.
  • I was surprised when I found out that the in the original Thor comics, Thor was written as a Christlike character who came to earth to help the mortal people.
  • I think that Tony Stark should run for president : )

My favorite Disney movie!
     So, there's 64 (or roughly around 64) facts into my life. Using the pins actually added a lot of fun to the post and I might do another like it.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cool list! I was thinking about doing one of these too. Oh I love Dowton abbey! Branson is awesome. I can relate with you for some of these :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.