Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Suffice to say, my family and I survived Hurricane Irene! It started on Friday with just wind and rain, but early Saturday morning we lost power. Thankfully by about 9 in the morning it turned back on! It was an incredibly long and boring day. The wind and the rain was unbelievable and so so loud.

Then at about 7 o' clock the power went out. It wasn't that bad, but it got really hot. I had a hard time trying to sleep that night, because I like the comfort and the feeling of blankets and comforters, but because it was so hot I couldn't keep them on all the time. At about 9:30 this morning the electricity came back on!

It has been such a beautiful day. So bright and warm and sunny : ) I'm very thankful that we came through it with no trouble at all!

1 comment:

  1. Ivy,

    So glad y'all are all right! Prayed for y'all.

    In Christ,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.