Monday, October 9, 2023

Currently: Summer 2023

A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows

- St. Francis of Assisi 

Hello and I hope everyone had a fun and active summer! Mine sure was! This was a typical humid summer, but thankfully the days weren't consistently hot either. This summer was also very different for the sole reason that I spent it almost entirely with my boyfriend. Something I never thought would happen, but what a beautiful time it has been!

When Christian and I started dating in the spring, we took advantage of the very mild and long springtime we had this year. Our first few dates were taking the hiking trails and really having the quiet and calm of nature slowly open up our relationship. Then we went on to more activities and found out there was a great deal we enjoyed doing together. Skating, bowling, Busch Gardens, the beach and book shopping. We ventured into unexpected activities such as axe throwing and rock climbing!

We met each others families early on (actually, I had him meet my family after our 1st date. A decision that was best for everyone all around),. For some reason people have had rather negative reactions to meeting one another's families so early, but it worked well for us and we both enjoy spending time with our families. We're both invited to birthday parties, outings (I went with his family to Busch Gardens and he went with my family to Washington DC).

First picture


First anniversary hiking trip












6 month anniversary hiking trip

At the Easter play that I was in

Skating

 
Bowling

Beach trip

2nd Beach trip

Busch Gardens

2nd Busch Gardens trip

Family trip to DC

Axe throwing

Wall climbing

First Rover cruise in May

Second Rover cruise in September

Visiting his family last week

All together it's been a wonderful summer! However we're heading into fall and in the last several years, fall has been a dark and depressing time for me. Hopefully it will be different this year. Christian and I have been together for seven months on the 18th of this month. Like I said in my previous currently post, this relationship hasn't always been sunshine and rainbows. There have been a great deal of emotions that aren't always handled correctly and everything is very new to the two of us. We've both learned the importance of communication and patience and each day is a learning process, especially for me.

2 comments:

  1. Awe, you are so cute together and your summer sounds like it was awesome! (I missed the first post originally, I'm catching up not been in the blog world much this year).

    I'm finally on an anti-depressant plan that works for me, but I can already tell I need to be more careful with this coming season with sleep, food, exercise, maybe supplements, and if I can fit it in my therapy light. You sound like you've upped your health game, and I'm hesitant to recommend supplements, that is such a personal thing (and one sent me into a spiral), so have you tried a therapy light for your SAD?

    I missed your earlier update. I've been overwhelmed for most of the past year and my blogging and blog reading has been sporadic to nonexistent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I'm so glad you're doing better. Lifestyle changes such as getting up early and adjusting your eating habits make a big difference. The only anti-depressent I'm really on is my seizure medication

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.