Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Ahkmen-moods


 Remember the Night at The Museum movies?

Those awesome (at times cheesy) Ben Stiller movies that made history fun and museum touring cool?

While NATM boasted a fully loaded all star cast (Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, Owen Wilson, Dick Van Dyke), it was the introduction of Egyptian-American actor, Rami Malek, playing the handsome, charming, 17 year old Pharaoh Ahkmenrah. Prior to NATM, Malek had been completely unknown, but after the movies he became 'the cute Pharaoh.' Ahkmenrah in all essence is the centerpoint of the first film, he's responsible for everything going on. 

    For what little time Rami had in the film, he made an impression. And some of his best acting wasn't even in dialogue. His facial expressions sometimes say more than words. Many of them just scream, caption me! He's pretty much an entire mood depending on the situation.

This one is my favorite.
I mean it is totally up for any interpretation 






8 comments:

  1. These were never my thing, but maybe I should try them again. I do remember the pharaoh being the cute guy because that was probably the main motivation for me to watch anything, didn't know who he was or that he became famous until recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember after seeing the first movie (I was 15) and on the way home I just said, "Am I the only one that thought that the Pharaoh kid was cute?" I wasn't.

      NATM was Rami Malek's big break and he's had a pretty steady career since then. Last year he won four consecutive awards (Screen Actor's Guild, Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA) for best actor for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody. Usually he plays intense dark roles, which is why people tend to forget his role in Night at The Museum.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's hard having a favorite in these movies. My top 3 are Ahkmenrah, Octavius and Jed. All of them were great.

      Delete
  3. I've only seen the first two movies, but he is so great! Oh, you're making me want to rewatch! Those facial expressions are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously thinking about buying the trilogy. I've been needing to review some comedy films anyway. And yes, his facial expressions just totally make his character.

      Delete
  4. The new header is lovely!

    Ahhhh, NatM. What a time. Iconic, truly iconic. xD

    I love Ahkmenrah, and these gifs are great (especially the first one and the "You're real" one xD). I think my favorite of the two is Kahmunrah, though -- Hank Azaria just cracks me up. "DO NOT! CROSS! THIS! LINE! with your hand!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's the perfect spring time look.

      They're definitely movies that don't disappoint. I really need to see the 3rd one!

      Those two gifs are my favorite as well! He says so much with just one look! I want to like Kahmunrah, but once I read that he murdered Akmenrah by stabbing him 73 times, I find it hard to like him, regardless of how funny he might be.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.