Thursday, May 17, 2018

My History, My Heritage, My Honor


If this comes off as racist, I'm not sorry. I'm proud of my Norwegian and Irish heritage.

  •   My family came from the Viking ships and would then leave the English oppression of Ireland for a better life in America. 
  • Within my family line is a knight of nobility who fought in the Crusades, settled a city in Europe and still has memorials in his honor.
  • I come from a history of cowboys who helped settle the west and brought immigrants into the US through routes in Canada. Not to mention ties to Al Capone and the Mafia
  • I can claim to be a Daughter of the Revolutionary War as I had a distant uncle who was George Washington's personal bodyguard. 
  • While I may not be a direct descendant of either Lagertha or Boudica, they represent the beauty, the hardship, the trials and victories of my heritage.
  • And no political correct society will ever make me ashamed of who I am based solely on the color of my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.